CITY DEPARTMENTS: Public Safety
Burnet Volunteer Fire Department
The Burnet Volunteer Fire Department is a separate entity from the City of Burnet Fire Department.
Persons wishing to volunteer with the Burnet Volunteer Fire Department must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a work physical
- Have a clean driving record
- Be of good moral character
- Be recommended by two active members
- Have a valid Texas drivers license
- Be community oriented
What you can expect:
- Be on call when in town 24 hours a day - seven days per week - 365 days per year
- Attend 50% of the business meetings held (1st Monday of the month)
- Attend 50% of training sessions (3rd Monday of the month)
- Have a miminum of 24-hours training during the organizational year
- Attend at least 25% of alarms
For more information contact:
BVFD Chief Donald Neighbor,
firstname.lastname@example.org or go by the Fire Hall at 104 S. Rhomberg in Burnet to pick up a packet.
The BVFD meets every first and third Monday nights at the Burnet Fire Hall at 104 S. Rhomberg in Burnet.